Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Why I started blogging

Blogging Start Group Writing Project Get Paid to Write Online is having a group writing project about how people get started in blogging, so here is my story.

The reason I started to blog was because I am nearing the end of two years of writing a Middle Grade Novel, and everything that I read says an author should have a blog and a web page. It’s that simple and please do not tell me authors are supposed to dig ditches to be published, as you will see me grabbing a shovel and running outside.

I had heard the term “blog” for a long time but it was something other people did. I had visions of chat rooms. I took a class one time that had chat room sessions and I hated it. Not the class, just the fact that people would come and go and interrupt everything to ask someone a personal question or tell you they were off to the bathroom, etc.

So, I started my first blog Savanvleck’s Weblog and had a great time. As it turned into a more personal blog, I decided to start a blog dedicated to Writing. You are reading it. I post to my personal blog daily and try to post every third day to my writing blog.

I’ve had a little more trouble bringing humor into this writing blog. I’ve been treating it more as a classroom lecture. Hope you will stick with me as I find the humor in this writing process and get my novel ready to send out into the world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for joining in and for sharing, Sheryl. I've added your post to the list. Having a blog is great for any writer, I think, because you can practice your skills and have fun at the same time.

Sharon, Get Paid To Write Online