Friday, January 30, 2009

Sunshine on snow; through closed eyelids.


The sun is shining and the world looks a lot better in central Indiana. Chihuahua can about see over the snow we received, since it has settled down some. We did have close to a foot of snow. But, we only lost power momentarily that night so we are really lucky. Our stomachs, on the other hand, are not.

Monday night, I think it was, all these "school's cancelled" days have me confused, but whatever night it was saw me emptying my stomach in the bathroom for about ten hours and today, sun or no sun, all I want to do yet, is sleep. At least, I am working again, a little at a time. Sorry for the absence.

I really want my new website up and running and was working hard to complete it for the first of February, but I will try for week two now. One thing that I did do yesterday is a new opening for my book. I really should have kept count. This has to be close to a dozen different openings.

I love the help I have gotten at Talking Books, from Cheryl Klein. With the help of her 'Rules of Engagement," I may have an opening that fits the bill. It has to simmer in the stew for a while yetbefore I know for sure . My next assignment, beside the web page, is to make out a Book Map. It is the first editing thing she does and I think it is going to help me a great deal, so I will let you know how that goes.

The car is still stuck in the drive but life is cancelled/closed for the day in Brown County anyway, so no need to go anywhere. Maybe I will take another nap first. Stay warm, if you can.

No comments: