Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My Book Map progress

I have been ignoring all of you lately. But, other than the foot of snow that had our car trapped for six days, and school cancelled for four days, and the flu that I just cannot seem to shake, and my mother's birthday and my birthday, other than those, I have a good reason to ignore you. I am outlining my book.

There has to be a reason I am having a problem writing, also known as putting off, the ending of my book. So, I am taking Brooklyn Arden: Search results for Book Map advice and creating a Book Map. That was a link to what I found with my search for Book Map. I did not find the post on doing the Book Map, but there was a neat blog about the artwork she has made in her own apartment. Tres Cool!

I am up to chapter 10, which is on its way out. Yes, a whole chapter is just taking up valued word space, and it is redundant to a future chapter (which is much more important) and, like all things I take out, I save a copy in its own file. I have deleted many of these files later and I may this one or I may put it in a future book, but for this book, it is history.

There is one little section, which will be worked into the next chapter. But, I feel as though I am getting somewhere already, even though I have yet to go back through the Book Map and really look at what is going on in the book.

This is also giving Master’s Daughter a break from editing as she has a lot on her plate right now and could use a break.

So, I sit here with the flu now turned into something that is settling in my chest, and move on to Chapter eleven, with ten nine more to go.

No comments: