Monday, September 14, 2009

Okay, I'm a dork!!

Today, the mailman confirmed I am a dork!

I have often envied bloggers who chose neat names for their blogs: Crazy Aunt Purl, The flap copy challenge, Jacket Whys, Judge a Book by Its Cover « Adventures in Reading, Mishaps and Adventures. You get it! They are neat and descriptive of who you are.

I started my blogs, Savanvleck’s Weblog, and the one you are reading, because I read that writer's need blogs. I am not certain whether I have fulfilled the needed purpose or not. I do digress easily and recently I have gotten so caught up in the excitement of finishing the book and working on all the stuff I need to have ready for submission that I have sadly neglected my blogs, and Facebook, and Twitter and really MySpace. Are there ever enough hours in the day?

But, today I am one step closer. I am not certain why I feel this way. I paid for this and there is no test involved; but I am so excited. I have my scbwi membership. I belong to the Society of Children's Book Writers & Illustrators.

I have no idea why it makes me feel so excited but, there, you have it. I'm a dork!

No comments: