Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My Logline is finished! Hooray!

After a week and a half solid spent rewording my logline, not counting all the odds and ends of hours I spent in the past, I finally had a logline. Sent this one to my Master's daughter and five minutes later she sent me back a logline I like a lot better.

Diplomatically, she suggested I was too close to it and that I am working too hard to follow all the rules I read on the net. I think she is right about the second one. I want to have everything just right and ready when I send it out and am spinning in circles from it.

As far as being too close, that might be correct also, but I think I am just not looking at it from the right angle.

So, here is my new logline, my original edition, with major revisions from daughter and with revisions from myself:

A neglected trio of brothers with the will to survive, journey to a land ruled by the Thunderer of the Iroquois nation and guarded by a fierce black dragon man. As they strike out on a quest for security and friendship, they find that learning can be full of magic, compassion does exist, friends come in all sizes, and some battles are worth fighting.

So, now you all know what my Advanced Middle Grade Fantasy Novel is all about, and I may move onto the various synopsis, bios, marketing plan, query letter, writing experience and education; oh, and I am doing the WebSite NOW. You just have to bite the bullet and do it.

No comments: