Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Two days of research equals a page this time.

Sorry, yet again, for the long absence, but the book has to take precedence over the blog at this point. It is one of those things you can taste; the joy of when you are actually ready to send your book out into the world, to survive on its own

Master’s Daughter is really busy right now, so I think she may have a plot to slow me down. She keeps finding neat things I need to do with the book.

As a sixth grade teacher, who is writing a teacher’s companion for my book, she has been a great source of inspiration. This time, it was all about the phases of the moon. I did not really think about children having a problem with this concept. Apparently, younger children seem to view the phases of the moon as if the moon could change its shape.

The world in my book is greatly influenced by nature. They do not live in little square wooden boxes, as we tend to do and so they must learn to live and survive in nature. This means they need to understand the natural world and so I have again spent two days researching a way to say something in one page. That amount of research generally results in one sentence. Good thing I love research.

So, now I shall pay Master’s Daughter back and shoot my new page off to her for more corrections. This is a discussion of the phases of the moon. I am afraid it might be too long or unclear, but she will let me know.

2 comments:

Chris Rettstatt said...

I've been enjoying your blog for some time now. And thanks again for adding me to your blog list.

I wanted to let you know that my blog address has changed slightly. Instead of http://rettstatt.wordpress.com, it's now just http://rettstatt.com.

Have a great day!

Chris

SAVanVleck said...

Thanks for letting me know, Chris, after several attempts, on my wonderful dial-up, I have been able to update your http:

Neat Kamira eyes, by the way.