Sunday, March 15, 2009

Okay, let's be honest here.

I am so sick of redesigning my web page that I could -----.

You can fill in the blanks. I just want it done and if I could hire it done, I would.

I have settled on a background and page design. I am trying to go fairly simple. But, it seems to take forever. The graphics are pretty well done. I have eleven text only pages written and have four more to go.

I had an addition this week, which seems to be happening a lot. And, that is the fact that I need to have Marketing Points. I need them before I start submitting my book anyway, so I feel I need them on the website. After all, what is the point of writing your book if you do not market it.

Here is an interesting Blog post on Book Marketing Buzz: Book Promotion & Publicity Tips: How to Promote Your Books with Epic Fantasy Author R. Scot Johns « Book... And, he confirms, what I am finding out even before really beginning. Marketing is very time consuming so get used to it.

The Marketing points that I have, for my book are:
  • Fantasy
  • Native American Indian Lifestyle
  • Native American Indian mythology
  • Child abuse

I have researched these for popularity by books sold and statistics of the issues involved.

I also have lists of possible Promotion based on my history: where I have lived, what I have done, etc. And a list of Promotion that I have (will have) in place for my book already.

In this crowded market, with so many people out of work and trying their hands at writing, you need to be willing to work to get your book out there, no matter how long it takes to build your webpage.

Unfortunately, I do not remember exactly where I got the list of marketing points. But, it was probably from one of my two main sources of information about marketing, which are:

Shrinking Violet Promotions: An Interview with a Real Live Publicist: Random House's Kathy Dunn - which actually has a great article right now about promoting your book, and Author! Author!,

Okay, enough break for me, I'm back to web design.

No comments: