Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Joe the Plumber

I am not Joe the plumber. I am too poor to be Joe the plumber. I too do NOT have a plumber’s license, which is unfortunate as I do have about three pipes leaking in this house, so if he gets a license and wants to get some practice, send him over.

I have never made $250,000 in one year. Actually, I, personally, have probably not made that amount in a ten year period. I made a “woman’s” wage in my working life. And, my fast growing art career went down the tubes in direct proportion to the price of gas, other people losing their job and the cost of everything else, going up; except my health, which went down due to lack of health care.

So, frankly I think it is NOT time for a “person just like me” to be elected. I do not want a Vice President (possible President) who "gosh and golly's me." I want one who is so intelligent, he was President of Harvard law review. I want someone, not like me, but who is better than me and can gather the most intelligent people around him to fix the mess we are in AND who believes it is best to talk to other countries rather than just bomb the #%#@ out of them.

Think about it.

No comments: