Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Wednesday's Writer's Journal

It is again time for Wednesday’s Writer’s Journal

Based on Susie Morgenstern’s book, I pick a random page (sometimes the fourth random page) and Blog on it. So, here goes:

Okay, now this is why I do not always use the first random page. My first pick is February 29th: “A day to relax – but only if it’s leap year!” I don’t know. Is it leap year??

I think someone is trying to tell me something. Pick two was February 24th, “A day to let yourself go and do whatever you like!” Perhaps all of February is a day of rest??

January 30th: “Do you want to be president? Write a campaign speech.”

Instead, and since I make the rules, I can do this, I will not write a speech, I will just list my campaign promises. I can get myself into enough trouble this way. And, honest, I did not intentionally pick this. With the election days away and the fact that I have voted already, I have reached the point where I could do a day without elections, promises, slander and campaigns.

But, here is what is important to me:

I promise, being the average Jane, that I will surround myself with the brightest people in the field, as advisors.

I promise that I will do my best to see that everyone in this country has good health care.

I will have advisers looking at the programs Franklin Delano Roosevelt implemented and to get people working, including artists and writers, and I will implement programs to give everyone a living wage.

One of my programs will be to build some of the housing that college architects have designed for the homeless, so that everyone has safe shelter.

I will see to it that no elderly person, nor anyone, has to eat corn flakes and cat food. I’m not sure anyone does that anymore, as who can afford it? But, everyone deserves decent fresh food. Everyone does.

I promise a free college education for all; and all student loans forgiven. There has to be a way. Our future rests on the education of our children. College is a necessity now and should not be that costly.

So, we have covered health, jobs, shelter, food and education. What is the important issue to you?

No comments: